Saturday, June 22, 2013

Hinges!!!!

Woohoo hinge time!!!

I want every panel to open and close on this little guy. Due to the shape of dome with all its curves its acutally very hard to hinge the doors. The hinges are specially designed to not bind. Here is how i installed them.  First had to put them all together.



Remember back when I cut the holes for the panels. I made the hinged sided around 1/8". This is important to allow the hinge to open fully.  Next  i used hot glue to temporarily hold them in place. The placement is very unforgiving so its best to test fit it all with glue before drilling holes.

Once in place I then glued the outer pie panels on  and checked for binding. Once they were all good i marked the and drilled the holes. I used the same captive screws from earlier. 

I then did the lower panels as well in the exact same way. 






No comments:

Post a Comment