Monday, September 9, 2013

Aluminum Battery Box

So i decided to make some aluminum battery box's... Other than the battery harnesses this is one of the last parts i need for r2. These are 8.25 Inches tall and should fit my NPC motors.

I first designed it out in cad with alibre. I ordered up my aluminum.

Battery box's see em?  I do :)

Stock clamped and ready to cut. 

Makin chips.

Front done.

Parting the back.

Heres the back end cap. Milled out a pocket for lightness. If you look close you can see the step around the ends. This makes it very easy to align the skins parts. 

I cut the 3" aluminum tube in half for the top and bottom. Look at that perfect fit! 

Now the ugly :) Im still learning to Tig Weld. Ill grind off these ugly welds once im all done and it should look nice and smooth. 

I had to get some more argon gas so the rest of the welds will have to wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment