Monday, September 2, 2013

Middle Foot and Caster

Its time to mount the caster to my middle foot. I have a Jag foot shell and the mounting kit for casters. I ordered one of the gladiator casters from McMcaster and wow its huge and heavy.

Part number:
22455T28

I also ordered some of those rubber vibration isolating mounts from mcmaster car. I ordered 4 of the 1/2 and 4 of the 1" mounts as i wasnt sure how i was gonna secure this caster yet. I belive these are these as curiousmarc's is using for his casters.

Part number:
Now first thing i noticed is using the jag mounting plate and the 1" rubber isolation spacers the gladiator caster is pretty much the exact same height as the wheels protruding from my senna drives. The hole locations are a bit problematic but there is plenty of metal left to drill holes that line up with the gladiator caster. 

As you can see i just marked the locations out and away from the standard holes. 

I then just drilled those holes and I tig wleded a couple nuts on the back side of the bracket. Then just thread on spacers. The gladiator lines up perfectly just secure with some 1/4-20 screws, washers, and nuts. 



As i mentioned its about the same as the stick out from my senna drives. Perspective is weird here. 

All the feet together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment