Sunday, September 8, 2013

Wood legs.

I got some cnc cut legs from R2-ATL run to hold me till i get some alum together. These are great legs and ill stick them on a second droid at some point so they wont go to waste :)


Ready to glue up... Note that slot at the bottom for wires goes to the back.


All glued up with a little sanding.


Time for some bondo. Most recommend evercoat instead but i didn't want to wait for shipping. However i used the higher quality bondo gold. It goes on much smoother than regular bondo.

Next glued on the beefy ankles with some liquid nails. I just used tape to hold it overnight. Seems pretty strong. I have a full set of jag ankles and  I was tempted to just cut off the wood ankles and secure them to the alum ankles but this way when i get my aluminum legs together ill have two full sets of legs and ankles.


Little more bondo and some primer... Then i hit it with some 400 grit and painted white. Don't have pics of that yet tho.

Oops also had to cut the slots in the legs. I used the milling machine for this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment